We were approached by a client that wanted us to redo a dresser that she had. The dresser used to be in her daughters room. And a solid pine piece.
A distressed paint job and refurbish was in order..
The paint was supplied, so all that was needed was to turn it into chalk paint, and get distressing.
Some of the original drawer glides were broken and missing ball bearings, so I made wooden glides.
The top to drawers were left out and I inserted shelves, stained brown. And holes cut out at the back for electrical wires to be run through.
After painting, clear wax was applied to the surface, followed by a dark wax to help the aged look of distressing.
However, I did fail to take after shots. And the lighting in our workshop doesn’t do this piece any justice. This item is now in the owners home, and suits her decor like you wouldn’t believe.